1/2c Asparagus tips
1/2c Spring onion, sliced
1/2c spring peas, shelled (can substitute with canned or frozen peas)
1/4 c fresh basil, chiffonade
4 large whole eggs
4 large egg white
1/2 c skim milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice ends off of spring onion, slice lengthwise for a stable cutting surface, then slice thinly. In a medium iron skillet, or oven safe skillet, add olive oil and onions. Sautee to soften onions.
3) Chop asparagus tips off of stalks. If you don’t have enough for 1/2c, cut same size pieces from stalks. Shell English peas. Roll basil and thinly slice, chiffonade.
4) Add asparagus and peas to the skillet. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
5) Whip four whole eggs and four egg whites in a medium bowl. Add salt, pepper, cheese, milk and basil.
6) Pour egg mixture into skillet. Heat over medium on the stove, stirring frequently until the egg pulls away from the edges of the pan, about 5-7 minutes.
7) Place skillet into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the center of the frittata is stable. Enjoy!
Try serving with a delicious spring lettuce mix, tossed in your favorite vinaigrette and toast.
NOURISHING NUTRITION (per serving)
Calorie:215 Fat (g):14 Sodium (mg):226 Protein (g): 15 Carbs (g):8
Click here for the video.